I’ve started adding a tablespoon of flaxseed oil to my morning smoothie (I’ve ditched my omelette breakfast in favour of the easy and super convenient breakfast smoothie – 1 banana, ½ cup of lite milk, 2 tablespoons of organic non-fat natural yoghurt, 1 tablespoon of LSA, 1 teaspoon of honey) and I have decided, for your own benefit, that you should too. I’m always looking out for you! And don’t you forget it!
You don’t HAVE to have it in a smoothie, you could drizzle it over a salad or over vegetables. You could mix it in water or freshly squeezed juice and gulp it down. You can even get it in capsule form. Whatever way you take it doesn’t matter but you SHOULD take it. And here’s why:
- It shortens muscle recovery time which means less pain for you – yippee!
- It increases the body’s production of energy and increases stamina – look at you go!
- Assists in the weight loss process – that’s what we are after!
- It stimulates brown fat cells and increases your metabolic rate making it easier to burn fat – yes please!
- It improves the absorption of calcium – hence why it’s great in a smoothie!
- It may improve the function of insulin – stay away diabetes!
- It helps in the healing of bruises, strengthens nails, improves eyesight, improves liver function, keeps dry skin at bay, treats dandruff and dull hair and may even relieve some cases of PMS – yes, yes and yes!
- Plus many more benefits! Have a Google yourself!
I’m not sure why I haven’t got on to this sooner. I was definitely aware of its existence but had not thought to purchase it until I saw it sitting on a shelf in the health food aisle at my local Woolworths. “Ah yes” I thought, “that stuff is good for you! I must have it!”. Hence, my love affair has started. Even if it does only HALF the things it claims, I will be happy. Who wouldn’t be!
Do you take flaxseed oil? How do you take yours?