I’m baaaaaaaaaaack! Did y’all miss me? I had a wonderful Easter break – I ate whatever I felt like for a week (risotto? Yes please. Chocolate mousse? Oh, why not. Pizza? Pass it over brother) and just relaxed. absolutely zero exercise. Let me tell you, I didn’t feel great by the end. I felt so sluggish and bloated so I’m glad I got back into my usual routine today.
Except, it’s NOT my usual routine.
That’s right people – Project Tighten Up has commenced!
What is Project Tighten Up?
After losing 15kg I am now at a healthy weight of 68kg. And I’m incredibly happy with that, don’t get me wrong, but my body fat is still quite high (around 25 – 26%) and I haven’t hit that size 10 figure that I feel I will be most comfortable at.
So, I’m taking my journey to a whole new level. Over the next 12 weeks I am going to smash the following goals:
– fit into size 10 jeans
– reduce my body fat to 19 – 20%
– enter maintenance stage
It’s all about getting fit and toned all over. I’m not concerned about how much I will weigh at the end of it. I’m all about looking strong yet womanly. And definitely NOT skinny! Skinny is so 2010.
Why am I doing this?
A lot of people may wonder why I am continuing my journey. Maybe they think I should just be happy with how far I’ve come or maybe they think I have severe body issues and will never be happy no matter what size.
Well, I’m going to squash those thoughts before they arise because understand this – I work this hard at my body because there is no high in the world like it. I feel good both physically and mentally (which is so important to me as I have suffered anxiety and depression in the past – we’ll leave that for another post!). This translates to a happy home life and work life. I am also kind of considering figure competing eventually. Maybe. We will see. Have to see what kind of shape I’m in at the end of all this!
What does it involve?
Calories: 1300 – 1400
Protein: 100 – 120g
Smoothie with 1 medium banana, 200ml rice milk, 1 tablespoon of LSA and scoop of Double Barrel Nutrition Protein Powder
1 tablespoon of Natural Peanut Butter with 1 medium green apple & cup of green tea
300 – 350 cals of chicken and veg soup/stew/stir fry or salad
200g of natural non-fat yoghurt with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds & cup of green tea
300 – 350 cals of chicken and veg soup/stew/stir fry or salad (with or without sweet potato)
The Exercise Plan
Mon – upper body + 8.5km road cycle
Tue – group PT + 8.5km road cycle
Wed – group PT + 8.5km road cycle
Thurs – one on one PT + 8.5km road cycle
Fri – upper body + 8.5km road cycle
Sat – bootcamp
Sun – REST
Want to join Team Tighten Up?
Well, guess what? You can! I’d love you to take this challenge with me. Even my trainer is taking it on!
– Weight training: needs to be performed 4 – 6 days per week. 4 – 5 sets of 10 – 15 reps of weighted exercises of your choice. Work upper body one day and legs the next then back to upper body and so on. Always add core and foam rolling and/or stretches each day.
– Cardio: needs to performed in the morning on at least 2 – 3 mornings of the week at high intensity (running, skipping, plyometrics etc) on an empty stomach.
– Diet: follow a plan similar to what I have outlined above. Do your research and find out what calories and macro-nutrients are right for you.
– Check in: I’ll do a weekly check-in blog post where I will display my results and you can comment and do the same!
– Start date: Official start date is Monday 2nd of May but I’ve already started to kick things off so by all means start now!
I’ll also be posting lots more healthy recipes to help you (and I) along and will even be putting up some workout videos on the blog! That’s new and exciting! Oh… and… uh… a bikini pic is coming (dreading this) so that I can document a proper before and after comparison. No lolz, k?
So who’s in?