I’ve been meaning to post about these for a while now but I have been time poor lately. Okay, poor choice of words… I’ve not been time efficient. Argh, alright alright, I’ve been outright lazy. OKAY?! Gosh you people, always on my back. I joke, I joke.
I’m going to make this really easy for you (and me) and just give you some bullet-pointed notes on each product. Then, hopefully, you can make an educated decision on whether you would like to try them or not! I’m hoping it’s a big fat YES because they are each equally wonderful!
- Coconut oil has anti-microbial and anti-viral properties and is even being used to help treat AIDS patients
- It is known to contain a unique form of saturated fat that helps prevent heart disease, stroke, and hardening of the arteries
- It has been shown to improve digestion and strengthen the immune system
- It is used as an energy booster and enhances the performance of athletes
- It is great for weight loss as the fat in coconut oil is used to produce energy and speed up metabolism, rather than be stored as body fat
- It is fantastic as a massage oil or body moisturiser
- Start off taking a teaspoon daily and slowly work up to 3 – 4 tablespoons
- You can add it to smoothies or cook / bake with it (I recently used it in a thai inspired soup and it was delicious!)
I buy my coconut oil products from Nature Pacific.
Vital Greens sent me some samples to try recently and I think this is an amazing product!
- It’s a great tasting green powder that you mix into your favourite milk, juice, smoothie or water
- Contains 76 all-natural ingredients and is known as a ”super food”
- It has all the benefits of spirulina, chlorella and other super foods in the blend as well as herbs, enzymes, probiotics and minerals
- It’s free from gluten, allergens, additives, artificial flavours, dairy, wheat and other nasties
- It helps detoxify, energise, alkalise, nourish and support your system
Why not visit their site and give it a go for yourself?
Whey Protein Isolate
I was so thankful to receive a sample of this product and will definitely be using this for the long-term, that’s for sure. I’ve even got Justin on to it! I’d been looking for a good quality whey protein isolate product for a little while and when I stumbled across Double Barrel Ntion’s site I knew I had hit the jackpot.
- Contains no added fillers or flavourings – just 100% high quality whey protein
- I blend it into my morning smoothie and flavour it with a little honey
- Whey protein is derived from milk during the process in which milk is turned into cheese
- Protein is found naturally in every day dairy products, eggs, and soy, but the quality is not comparable to whey protein powder nor is it as easy to use
- Studies have shown that whey protein is the best concentration to provide optimal performance
- Whey protein contains BCAA’s which can be utilised directly by the muscle cells, so they are used at a high rate during exercise
- These BCAA’s have shown in studies to have the greatest positive effect on muscle protein synthesis among all of the amino acids
- Have a read of this site for lots of useful info on Whey Protein – www.wheyoflife.org
Do you use any of the above products or products that are similar? What do you think of them?